This app isn’t just made for dentists, it’s made with them. When designing the app, ADA team members worked directly with dentists from different practice modalities, including dental students.
“The sky was the limit with this group— there were great ideas flying in all directions,” said Colton Cannon, a fourth-year dental student at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry and immediate past president of the American Student Dental Association. “It was really crucial to me and all the dentists working on this that the app be done right and making sure it had all the great ADA resources and tools and combining them with the usability and accessibility that new generations of dentists are used to. Working to do that is what I'm most proud of.”
The result of this collaboration is evident throughout the re-imagined ADA Member App.
ADA Member App features include:
- Chat: Tap into the ADA dental community by creating private one-to-one and group chats.
- Dental Sound Bites™: Stream real talk on dentistry’s daily wins and sticky situations. Tune in to “Dental Sound Bites” on the ADA Member App for exclusive content.
- Digital Wallet: Store and easily access important documents like CE, licensing, credentialing and more.
- Custom Newsfeed: Choose topics to follow and read what matters most to you.
- Career Pathways: Get real-life insights from dentists in different settings.
“This app is really a collaboration from the ADA and its members,” said Kirthi Tata, DDS, a new dentist working in a private dental practice in St. Louis, Missouri. “The ADA really focused on the various resources dentists look for in all the various aspects of their career and, more importantly, how all those resources can be accessible in one place.”
The revamped app is a key new benefit to members and will continue to evolve with new offerings and features.
"As technology continues to advance the profession, the ADA needs to be able to learn and adapt and evolve with it," said Raymond Cohlmia, DDS, ADA executive director. "This app is an important part of helping the ADA reach its member dentists so we can be there for them when they need us. I can't wait for every dentist to download the app and see what we have to offer them."
Learn more at ADA.org/App or search “ADA Member App” in the App Store or Google Play to download now.