Missouri Dental Insurance Services
MDIS offers complete array of insurance and financial products and services for dentists, families and staff. Visit their page for new dentists to get started learning about their products and services. Learn more about the new graduate premium rates by contacting MDIS. New grads who are current MDA members are eligible for your first year of malpractice insurance coverage free (prepaid by the MDA). Contact Jerri at MDIS to learn more. Contact Stacey if you have not converted your membership from Student to Dentist.
The MDA New Dentist Committee
The mission of the MDA New Dentist Committee is to be the voice and front line resource to new dentists throughout the tripartite who have been out of dental school for less than 10 years, to demonstrate the value of membership, and to focus on the needs of new dentists and dental students through the development of resources, education, facilitation of networking opportunities and advocacy. The MDA Board of Trustees includes as a voting member, a delegate of the MDA New Dentist Committee. This NDC Board Member is nominated by the committee and ensures the voice of the new dentist is heard in the Association.
Join your colleagues on the New Dentist Network (NDN) Facebook page. The NDN allows engagement and participation across the state, for all dental students and new dentists. The network is an online meeting opportunity to attend scheduled New Dentist Committee meetings and special events. Participation in the NDN allows you to give input, interact with others and provide feedback on things that matter to you. Contact Paul if you're interested or have questions.
American Dental Association
The ADA has a variety of resources to assist new dentists. Some of these include:
- ADA App full of features that can take your life and career to the next level.
- New Dentist News is a member resource for new dentists and dental students offering in-depth stories, news and insights.
- SmileCon Transformative learning, irresistible connections, and serious fun await you.
- Practice Resources An expertly curated collection of tools, resources and information to help you grow and manage a successful dental practice.
- New Dentist Now Blog features resources for new dentists and dental students as well as news and insight on the dental profession and beyond.
- The ADA Store offers tons of resources to get you going as a new dentist. If you don't see a discount code for savings when you visit the Store, contact the MDA and we'll request one for you.
- Various resources for new dentists which are linked from the ADA Dental Student Page.
- ADA Member Advantage Save time and money with top-quality products and services for your practice and personal life, exclusively for ADA members. One of these offerings helps you take control of student loan debt: ADA members get a special 0.25% rate discount when they refinance with Laurel Road. Get your refi rate today!
New Practice Checklists
The MDA and the ADA have developed checklists that can help you as you are starting your new Practice.