Entry is easy, winning images featured on Focus magazine cover! Open to all MDA members, active, retired and students!
Members are invited to participate in the annual MDA Focus Cover Photo Contest! It's easy and fun to enter, and your winning images give us beautiful magazine cover! The contest is open to all MDA members: active, retired and students!
DETAILS AT A GLANCE
- Entry is easy! All I need now is the photo file, photo name and the category for each photo entered. Your bio and additional photo details will be requested if your photo is chosen as a winner.
- Entries are due Monday, December 20 (but you can send them anytime). Email photos to Melissa Albertson (as well as any questions).
- Prizes are graciously sponsored by MDIS ($150 first place) and Med Pro ($50 second place).
This year we have some NEW categories! Remember, when you enter, tell us which category each photo should be placed in. You may enter all categories but submit only one photo for each.
- Urban Life – Images depicting aspects unique to and easily identifiable with an urban lifestyle/environment.
- Rural Life – Images depicting aspects unique to and easily identifiable with a rural lifestyle/environment.
- Architecture – Images that display architecture: details, exteriors and interiors. Images may not contain animals or people within the image.
- Black & White – Images displaying great texture, tonal contrast, shape, form and lighting … without the distraction of color.
- Color – Images showing outstanding use of color, including array of shades, vibrancy and depth/saturation of color.
- Nature – Images displaying the beauty of nature and the outdoors, including landscapes and animals.