The ADA (national), MDA (state) and your component dental society (local) maintain a Tripartite membership system.
- Dues must be paid at all three levels to be a member, and dentists receive benefits at all three levels.
- Each member is assessed dues at each level, but there are a variety of categories to allow exceptions for those who graduate students, new to or retiring from the practice of dentistry or experiencing temporary financial difficulties. Dental students enjoy free membership.
- Dues statements are sent to members at the end of November, following the ADA and MDA House meetings where yearly national and state dues are determined.
For additional questions about Membership, see the Membership FAQ. For payment options and terms, see the information on the Join/Renew page.
2018 ADA Dues
The 2018 ADA dues are $532 for active members (no dues increase from 2017).
2018 MDA Dues
The 2018 MDA dues are $452 for active members (no dues increase from 2017).
- Active Members: $452
- Recent Graduate Members: 0% of full active dues 1st full year; 25% of full active dues 2nd full year; 50% of full active dues 3rd full year; and, 75% of full active dues 4th full year
- Active Life Members: 75% of full active dues
- Retired Members: $50
- Affiliate Members: $100
- Associate Members: $10
2018 Component Dues (Active Member Rate)
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society: $375
- Greater Kansas City Dental Society: $150
- Greater Springfield Dental Society: $210
- Central Dental Society: $50
- Northeast Dental Society: $65
- Northwest Dental Society: $95
- Southeast Dental Society: $65
- Southwest Dental Society: $80