Dental Assistant/Expanded Function CE Program
Course open to all dental team members — You are not required to be EFDA certified!
Friday, February 28, 2020
10:30am to 3pm (arrive 15 minutes early to sign in)
UMKC School of Dentistry, 650 E 25th St, Kansas City MO 64108 (Room 217B)
$100 (includes lunch) + 4 CEU
Are you interested in pursuing your Restorative II certification soon? Would you like to know ahead of time what is required of you to pass the Restorative II course? How about some tips and techniques to guide you in achieving acceptable and excellent grades on your competency exam? Already Restorative II certified and you just want to up your restorative “game”? Need CE hours for your EFDA permit renewal? Gain valuable skills to refresh yourself, deliver excellent care and handle your Restorative II expanded functions like a boss!
This course is meant to enhance and refresh the skills of those already permitted, but also serve as a “preview” to those assistants desiring to become EFDA Restorative II permitted.
- Learn what you do as an EFDA and what is required to be proficient
- Learn about the importance of tooth morphology and occlusion
- Learn about the role of the supervising dentist in the assistant’s success
- Look at examples of completed restorations and discuss what is great about the good ones and what went wrong with the bad ones
- Learn and discuss what are the “top” issues indicated by surveyed EFDAs and what to do to combat those issues and how to make those restorations better
- Learn how good vision (and light) impacts results
- Learn and discuss when and where to best use different: matrix systems, restorative materials, finishing techniques