Started in 2012 and growing in funding each year, this essential grant program offers financial support to efforts that create better oral health for Missourians through educational programs, access-to-care initiatives and community collaborations. To date 37 grants totaling $42,307 have been awarded across Missouri. The MDA Foundation invites member dentists, or organizations you are involved with, to consider submitting a grant application for funding to support community oral health programs and initiatives.
The application period for the 2019 grant program is now CLOSED. Thank you for your interest. The 2020 grant application and guidelines will be posted in January 2020. For questions, contact Paul Roberts at 573-634-3436 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Grant Recipients
After deliberation, the Board chose to award 9 grants totaling $10,000 to the following groups:
- Northland Healthcare Access - $1,500 to support Dental Days outreach in Clay and Platte counties
- Andrew County Health Department - $1,000 to fund materials for a children’s education program
- ATSU-MOSDOH - $1000 to support community wide dental clinic
- Bollinger County Health Center - $1,000 to support varnish program for uncovered children
- Give Kids a Smile - $2,000 to expand their community educational outreach
- Healthworks!- $500 to purchase 250 Super Scrubber kits to help children practice oral hygiene.
- Heartland Outreach Providers - $1,000 to help purchase supplies for treating low income families in Jackson county
- Lawrence County Health Department - $1,000 for dental supplies for home use in the WIC program
- Miles of Smiles- $1,000 to purchase 500 dental kits for children in Platte County and Park Hill
The MDAF wishes to thank all applicants for their time.