Here you will find information about the MDA legislative agenda as well as related topics and issues for the current session. The MDA is pleased to announce another very successful session. The association’s continued success is made possible in no small part because of the continual and selfless work done by the many members of the MDA. We look forward to working with each of you as we work toward another successful session in 2015. As a reminder, all MODentPAC contributors receive a weekly legislative report during the legislative session and at specific times throughout the year as legislative developments occur.
2014 Legislative Agenda
The MDA is continually advocating for the issues important to you. The MDA’s Legislative and Regulatory Committee presented its recommendations to the MDA’s Board of Trustees and the MDA’s House of Delegates added additional items.
Improve the Medicaid System
- Improve efficiency by implementing a Dental Carve Out
- Improve reimbursement rates
- Currently reimbursed at 38.5 percent of the 50th percentile
- Rate does not cover basic costs of practitioner to provide care
- Allow Medicaid payments, made to providers, to be placed in the state’s deferred compensation plan.
Insurance Policies Reforms
- Outlaw silent PPOs.
- Monitor attempts to enact quality rating systems.
- Restore medical malpractice and tort award caps
- Missouri Supreme Court ruled limits on pain and suffering awards granted by juries in medical malpractice cases unconstitutional in 2012
- Restoration of these caps is an attempt to keep medical malpractice insurance premiums stable
- Require PPO lists to be updated in a timely fashion
Push for Continued or Expanded Medicaid Coverage
- Adult dental coverage.
- Statutes allow for coverage of this population.
- Funding has not been provided since 2004.
- Continued coverage for the DD population.
- Continued coverage for pregnant women.
Legislator Look Up Tool
Find Legislators in Your District
Join the MDA Grassroots Network
An election for each seat in the Missouri House is held every two years. A two-year election cycle has the potential to bring many new faces to the General Assembly; the MDA has a lot of people to get to know. If you have an existing relationship with a Representative or Senator (participate in a fundraiser, attend church together, knew each other in college or high school), please Join the Grassroots Network.
Return to Top