Missouri Dental Association :: MOMOM (Mission of Mercy)
Please read the following information, we are excited to have you as a part of this wonderful event.
If You Registered Online
To make sure everything runs smoothly, we are asking volunteers to verify a few things on the Master Volunteer Shift Schedule (7/1/2015). Morning shifts are from 5am to 11am and afternoon shifts are from 11am to 5pm.
- Make sure your name is on the volunteer list.
- Make sure your requested days and shifts are correct.
- Make sure your requested changes to schedules (if any) have been made.
- Make sure we have your correct RSVP for the Friday Night Volunteer Reception. (yes or no)
If you do not find your registration, have changes or can no longer attend MOMOM, please send an email to MOM@modental.org immediately with corrections. All questions and schedule changes MUST be made via email.
There will be limited on-site registration in case you know of others who still wish to volunteer.
Watch Volunteer Orientation Videos
Please watch BOTH of the following orientation videos before the event and then click here to discover what changes are new for 2015.
Volunteer Materials (READ & PRINT)
Please read and print the following materials:
All these materials will help you prepare and understand your role, the check-in process and the timeline for the event. Visit momom.org to review the volunteer FAQs to answer other questions.
Directions to Hearnes Fieldhouse
The address to Hearnes Fieldhouse is located at 600 E Stadium Blvd, Columbia, MO 65203. Click here for more information.
Parking: There will be free parking for volunteers in Lots O and N outside the Fieldhouse. There will be signs and volunteers to direct you from the lot to the volunteer entrance at the southwest entrance to the Fieldhouse.
Volunteer Entrance, Check-In & T-Shirt Information
The volunteer entrance is located at the Southwest entrance to the Fieldhouse. There may be a line to get registered/check-in, especially Friday, so please consider this wait time when referring to your start times.
Shifts: Please arrive 30 minutes before shift to register and complete orientation
Thursday (setup) : 8am - 5:30pm
Thursday Patient Pre-Screening 4pm - 6pm
Thursday Optional Volunteer Orientation 6 pm
Friday AM: 5:30am - 11am
Friday PM: 11am - 5pm
Saturday AM: 5:30am - 11am
Saturday PM: 11am - 5 pm
Saturday (breakdown) Noon - 8pm
When you check-in, you will receive your short-sleeve MOMOM t-shirt, and there are restrooms to change in nearby.
If you are volunteering for both days of the event, you DO NOT need to check in at the registration desk on Day 2. Just be sure you are wearing your MOMOM t-shirt and your name tag—then simply report to your area.
- Keep in mind that we have hundreds of volunteers converging at the same time! Give yourself ample time to park and make the walk to the Fieldhouse.
- Please wear your t-shirt and nametag every time you work—it helps us to keep track of everyone. You may wish to wear your shirt over another garment for either warmth or extra protection in treatment areas.
- A guide to where your specific area is located will be displayed on a map in the volunteer area.
- WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES!
- There will be no place to store purses, bags or coats—please leave them at home or at your hotel or locked in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Please keep your cell phone on silent at the event out of courtesy to patients.
Volunteers may visit the designated Volunteer Hospitality Area for water, soft drinks, coffee and snacks. Meals are also provided during your shift. Feel free to bring a water bottle labeled with your name, to re-fill through your shift. The Volunteer Hospitality Area is located on the west end of the clinic floor. Please read the attached Volunteer Food Summary so you may plan accordingly to your specific dietary needs. You will also find meal times and basic menus.
- Thursday Lunch is provided at noon for those helping with set-up.
- Friday and Saturday Breakfasts is provided from 6am to 8am.
- Friday and Saturday Lunches are provided from 11am to 1pm.
- Friday Reception. At 5pm after clinic closes, BBQ, beer and wine will be served at Mizzou Arena for those who sent an RSVP. You are invited to attend, to relax and share stories as you wind down from a busy day. Please join us to celebrate a job well done by all involved!
- Saturday Evening Meal: Pizza will be available on site for those helping with the teardown of the clinic.
Wellness at MOMOM—Track Your Steps!
Volunteering at MOMOM is definitely active duty with a lot of moving around. This year we will accent wellness by tracking all the steps of our volunteers. If you wear a Fitbit or similar type fitness tracker, please record and report your steps at the end of your shift at the designated table in the hospitality area.
Sponsored by the Dental Well Being Foundation.
Please see your lead or go to the Volunteer Registration Table or the Help Desk in the Hospitality Area on the clinic floor with questions.
Spread the Word
Tell your friends, family and followers that you will be volunteering at MOMOM 2015! Use the hashtag #momom2015 on Twitter or Instagram and be sure to link to www.momom.org if you are spreading the word on Facebook or Google+.
A Special Thank You
In addition to your volunteer efforts, please remember that without the sponsors and generous donors this event would not be possible. The MOMOM Committee would like to thank all those who donated in advance and wish to share this Sponsor & Donor List with you.