Healthy Kids Day
In 2014 the MDA will again coordinate with select Missouri Ys to be a part of their Healthy Kids Day events that take place throughout the state this spring. The MDA will provide display and materials that focus on good oral health and engages kids and parents. Healthy Kids Day is an event designed to teach children in the community about healthy living.
The Ad Council 2min2x campaign will be this year's theme and encourages kids to brush two minutes, twice a day. In addition, we'll highlight the Council's new Toothsavers brushing game app for kids. Goody bags will include information for parents and oral care supplies.
This effort is funded by a grant from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Office of Primary Care and Rural Health (Oral Health Program), and is planned by the MDA in partnership with local Ys using local dental volunteers.
Event locations include:
- April 23: Callaway County Y, Fulton (9a-2p)
- April 26: Salt Fork Y, Marshall (9a-11a)
- April 26: Cameron Regional YMCA (Recreation Park 221 Seminary), Cameron (1p-3p)
- April 26: Adair County Family Y, Kirksville (10a-1p)
- April 26: Monsanto Family Y, St. Louis (10a-2p)
- April 26: South City Y, St. Louis (10a-1p)
- April 26: Ozark Regional Y (Fassnight Park), Springfield (10a-12p)
- April 26: Y of Southeast Missouri, Sikeston (10a-1p)
- April 27: Linwood Family Y, Kansas City (10a-1p)
- April 27: Y of Greater St. Louis (Carondelet Park Rec Complex), St. Louis (10a-2p)