Learn about controlled substance guidelines from the Missouri Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (BNDD) and earn
continued medical education credits.
The course is designed to educate practitioners on controlled substance
guidelines. Please review the educational materials below then test your
knowledge of controlled substance guidelines.
- Review of the most common controlled substance laws
- Learn how to obtain a registration and maintain registered locations
- Learn proper receipt, security and storage of drugs
- Learn how to maintain proper record keeping
- Learn how to safely and effectively treat patients while avoiding practices that could potentially foster drug misuse or abuse
Steps to CE Credit
- Read the Guide to Controlled Substances in Missouri
- Review any related materials you deem necessary
- Complete and submit the CE test form to the MDA
- Receive CE email notification from the MDA
For member dentists, the fee is
$25 per credit hour; for non-member dentists, the fee is $50 per credit hour,
which must be paid before CE verification is provided. Participants can earn two CE credits from the
BNDD course. To receive the CE credits offered, you must correctly answer at
least 11 of the 15 of the questions.
Guidelines Online Test
difficulties completing your test? Contact the
The Missouri Dental Association is an ADA
CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental
Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of
continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual
courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards
of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the
provider or to the ADA CERP at
www.ada.org/cerp. The Missouri Dental Association designates this
activity for 2 continuing education credits.
Release date: May 2011. Future review date: May 2014. Expiration date: May 2014.