Started in 2012 and growing in funding each year, this essential grant program offers financial support to efforts that create better oral health for Missourians through educational programs, access-to-care initiatives and community collaborations. To date 19 grants totaling $19,597 have been awarded across Missouri. The MDA Foundation invites member dentists, or organizations you are involved with, to consider submitting a grant application for funding to support community oral health programs and initiatives.
The application period for the 2017 grant program is now CLOSED. Awards will be announced in October 2017. The 2018 grant application period will reopen in January 2018. For questions, contact Paul Roberts at 573-634-3436 or email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
2016 Grant Recipients
This year more than $33,700 was requested in support from a total of nine applicants. This reflects the competitive need for funding to support these important efforts because the Foundation’s total grant budget is only $6,000. After much deliberation, the Board chose to award grants to the following groups:
- $750 to Cass Community Health Foundation to support their Smiles from the Start dental health literacy program
- $1,100 to Children’s Smile Center to help with supplies to conduct dental screenings for 13,000 school age children
- $1,520 to Social Welfare Board of Buchanan County to help purchase a reliable Cavitron to use in their low income clinic
- $1,000 to Good Samaritan Care Clinic to help purchase supplies and equipment for their low income clinic
- $1,500 to Miles of Smiles to help purchase supplies for their low income clinic
The MDAF wishes to thank all applicants for their time.